Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ballin.............NOT really


It must be nice! Sitting ringside with your millionaire buddies while Mayweather stings De La Hoya for 12 rounds. What a life! Being part of PPV history (2.15M buys) and then heading to the after party at Tao to pop bottles of Krug Rose (jay doesn't do Cris anymore). Now that's what I call ballin..............NOT.

Here are the facts (according to Wikipedia):

Hip Hop Moguls Net Worth
1. P. Diddy, $346 Million
2. Jay-Z, $340 Million
3. Russell Simmons, $325 Million
4. Damon Dash, $200 Million
10. Nelly, $60 Million

Don't be fooled. These are not salaries. This is net worth. To me that means if any of these "ballers" cashed out right now, they would get no more than 1/3 of a billion. They may have fuck you money, but that's nothing when compared to "fuck anybody money". Let's talk about the latter.

sergey and larry, 14.1B, 14.0B; (ages 33, 34)
jerry and dave, 2.2B, 2.5B; (ages 37, 40)
pierre, 7.7B, (age 39)
jeff bezos, 3.6B, (age 42)
j russell and ruth, 1.8B, 1.8B; (ages 40, 39)
a dikshit, 1.6B, (age 35)
calvin arye, 1.0B, (age 44)
m dell, 15.5B, (age 41)
cuban; (i hate to admit it) 2.3B, (age 48)
chad and steve; ($1.6B for YouTube)
chris and tom; ($580M for MySpace)

These guys and gals will $hit on any Hip Hop mogul. And I don't want to hear any excuses about age, because these are not old farts. Talking about the old "new money" ballers is a completely different conversation. (I won't even get into bill, warren, sheldon, or larry.)

(insert "hate" here)

Contrary to popular believe, NOT ONE of Hip Hop's moguls are ballin. If they were really ballin, they should go buy a sports franchise like a real mogul that's bored with success. And I'm not talking about sharing an insignificant equity stake just to get your name in the papers. I mean buy the whole damn team. But they can't do that. Why? Because they are NOT ballin. Only a fool would think about talking $hit when others draw annual salaries greater than his/her net worth.

I do give jay some credit. He's maturing:

I'm, young enough to know the right car to buy yet grown enough not to put rims on it
I got that six-duce with curtains so you can't see me and I didn't even have to put tints on it
I don't got the bright watch I got the right watch
I don't buy out the bar, I bought the night spot
I got the right stock
I ... got ... stockbrokers that's movin' it like white tops
I know you like fuck, this is child abuse
call D.Y.F.S., I might just be gettin' nicer
them young boys ain't ready for real
30's the new 20 n**** I'm so hot still