Monday, May 21, 2007

Thai Ping Pong

So on Sunday we decided to check out the local mall. We went to Siam Paragon which is one of the largest malls in Bangkok. Now don't get it f*ucked up. I wasn't forced to go to the mall. I do my fair share of shopping and challenge anyone (male or female) to a shopping endurance test.

Anyway, we proceeded to shop at the usual suspects (gucci, zegna, ferragamo, etc.) looking for bargains. No deals to be had! You're better off going to 5th ave. for a better selection and cheaper prices. After the 10% service charge AND the VAT, it's just not worth the price (even with a strong USD).

As we stepped out of the mall onto Rama Road several men kept approaching me......wanting to "show me Ping Pong". Now, I played football in college and only watch/participate in real sports (football, soccer, basketball, etc.). You know......sports where one actually sweats. I save the recreational games (ping pong, golf, billiards, etc.) to the old and out of shape.

Anyway, these guys kept harassing me for the rest of the night about some damn ping pong show. So now its like midnight, we've eaten dinner, and we go to a bar for some drinks. After 4 hours, I'm starting to get really f*cking annoyed with all this ping pong pestering. I mean......who wants to play ping pong at 1 am in the damn morning.

Finally, a guy pulls out a card with a menu full of prices for a variety of karma sutra positions. He was inviting me to a Patpong Show. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Talk about not reading the context clues. These guys were trying to sell me some a$$........all while I'm with my girl. Needless to say, we found the entire experience quite amusing and laughed all the way back to the hotel.

On a final note, during our night excursion we did notice a reoccurring theme...........this will however require a dedicated post! (I may even have to recruit a guest author!) Here is a sneak peak! (key words: old men and lady boys)